Polytunnel Growing for Beginners
Head gardener Kate will share all her top tips for growing vegetables, herbs and salads in your own polytunnels.
£80.00 per person.
Price includes a lovely lunch made with lots of produce grown on site here at Battlesteads.
This 1 day course will help you on your road to growing your own delicious produce in your own polytunnel.
Presented by Kate Norris our Head Gardener who selected the Battlesteads polytunnels, designed and created the internal design and started the polytunnel growing program, kitchen garden and orchard from scratch back in 2007.
This 1 day course will cover:
- How to design and prepare the growing areas inside your polytunnels to maximise productivity.
- What varieties of herbs, salads and vegetables grow best in a polytunnel.
- Seasonal variations with polytunnel growing.
- Crop rotation and the importance of soil care.
- Water management
- Polytunnel maintenance and care
- Practical session sowing seeds which you will take away with you.
- Question and answer session with any polytunnels growing topics you have.
Dates & Times
This event type is running on the following dates & times:
Sorry, there are no events of this type currently planned.
Discover the dark art of growing organic and enjoy fresh fruit and veg, grown naturally at home.
Would you like to make your day more special by growing your own bouquet, grooms buttonhole, and table arrangements?
Would you like to be able to pick flowers from your own garden or allotment and have them in your home to enjoy?
This 1 day course will give you indepth information about Flower Farming and changing your career to be a flower farmer.