Astrophotography for All
Learn to photograph the Milky Way or shoot the Moon with nightscape photography, using your DLSR or mobile phone
This event is open to all ages.
- Full frame, crop sensor, alongside larger format cameras are great.
- Mobile phone Apple, Android with Pro-mode Please ensure your phone supports pro-mode.
- Lenses such as 35mm, 28mm, 24mm or lower are great for a night-scape and the Milkyway. However if shooting the Moon a longer telephoto lens, e.g. 300mm may come in handy.
- Tripod is a must for camera and mobile.
- Remote timer or long exposure bulb control built-in on the timer or an intervalometer will be useful.
- Spare camera battery or charger.
- Head torch with a red mode
- Warm, wind proof clothes and layers.
|A family ticket is valid for a group of 2 adults & 2 children.|
This interactive workshop progresses at a steady pace over four hours to ensure everyone has a full understanding of techniques and how they are implemented using DSLR cameras, OR your mobile phone on PRO mode.
The first part will be a mix of night-time photography theory and getting to know your equipment along with how plan your nighttime photography trips. After a short break we will head outside where you will learn how to find the Milkyway using apps and star navigation whilst practicing under the expert guidance of our astro-photographers. In the event of inclement weather, we will guide you through the techniques with videos, presentations and practical work in the warm room.
If you are joining us for mobile phone astrophotography, your mobile phone camera must have a "pro" mode, or you must have pre-downloaded a "pro" phone app that allows you to change at least the following settings: ISO, shutter speed.
There will be a half hour break at the mid-way point.
Everyone is welcomed at any level.
Dates & Times
This event type is running on the following dates & times:
Sorry, there are no events of this type currently planned.
Learn to photograph distant galaxies, nebulae and star clusters, with our professional dark sky astrophotographer.
Take the first steps in taking pictures of the night sky, learn the keys skills to become a nightscape photographer.