Flower Farming a Career Change
This 1 day course will give you indepth information about Flower Farming and changing your career to be a flower farmer.
£95.00 per person.
Refreshments available all day, home made treats at elevenses, then a delicious 2 course buffet lunch is provided with afternoon cake at 3pm.
Florists recognise the quality and unique varieties that UK growers can provide that perfect scentless imports cannot, and more and more florists are turning to a whole new way of providing what their clients want with beautiful unique scented flowers grown throughout the UK.
This one day course will give you indepth information about Flower Farming and changing your career to be a flower farmer and making your large garden, allotment or paddock work for you. Whether you are a complete novice gardener or a keen amateur already with dirty fingernails or a florist looking to grow your own flowers you will benefit from a day with Kate packed with information.
Subjects covered include:
- Polytunnels and greenhouses what to grow and when
- Social Media, what platform to broadcast your business on
- Costings, from initial set up to ongoing
- Basic business start up advice
- How to prepare your growing area, preparation and planting
- Sustainability, water management, irrigation
- Pricing and your products
- Marketing and promotion
- Ethical and green issues, pests and pest control
To book please visit Northumbrian Flowers
Dates & Times
This event type is running on the following dates & times:
Sorry, there are no events of this type currently planned.
Would you like to make your day more special by growing your own bouquet, grooms buttonhole, and table arrangements?
Would you like to be able to pick flowers from your own garden or allotment and have them in your home to enjoy?