Dahlia Day with Northumbria Flowers
To celebrate the start of the second annual Flower Farmers' Big Weekend is Northumbria Flower's Dahlia Day
Date & Time
|Date||Friday 14th August, 2020|
|Time||10:00am to 3:00pm|
£60.00 per person.
- Hot and cold refreshments and mini pastries on arrival
- A light-bites lunch and non-alcoholic fruit cocktail or glass of fizz
- A guided tour of my plot
- Garden snips, gloves and an apron to protect your clothes and a bucket for your blooms
- A guide sheet with the best practical advice on dahlias
- A bucket of dahlias and other seasonal blooms to take home and arrange
- Sturdy boots possibly wellies in case it rains, it’s a working flower farm with uneven paths and surfaces
- Waterproofs to hand of it rains
- A camera and note book
- Please advise of any dietary requirements at the time of booking
A day to celebrate the showstopper and workhorse of the British summer garden are dahlias in their abundance and glory in early August!
On arrival there will be hot and cold refreshments and mini pastries to enjoy and then I will take you on a guided tour of my plot at the rear of The Battlesteads where we will select and cut the best dahlias and seasonal blooms. We’ll return to the comfort of the conservatory at The Battlesteads and enjoy a light-bite lunch and I will talk all about my life as a British flower farmer and florist, how to grow the best dahlias, what varieties to buy, when to plant and how to plant, pinching out and growing on, feeding and support too, everything you need to know to grow your own dahlias. Afterwards I will demonstrate my style of garden-esque floristry. At the end we’ll have a Q&A session with delicious homemade cake and a non-alcoholic fruit cocktail or a good old pot of tea!
You will leave inspired and ready to grow your own dahlias next spring along with a bucket of dahlias and seasonal blooms sown and grown by me in Northumberland.