Flower Farming Career Change Workshop
An intense no-nonsense, very practical 1 day workshop aimed at those feel ready to take their hobby to the next level.
Date & Time
|Date||Friday 27th March, 2020|
|Time||9:30am to 4:30pm|
£140.00 per person.
- Refreshments and morning pastries on arrival
- Hot and cold refreshments throughout the day
- Tour of the plot and polytunnel – if time allows a second tour of my home plot too
- 2 course lunch at The Battlesteads
- Course handout with no-nonsense information
- To book the date in your diary asap!
- Bring boots or wellies and waterproofs we will tour the plot even if it is raining
- Camera, note pad and pen
- Focussed mind ready to take in everything on the day
First run in 2017 & 2018 to sell out capacity
This in an intense no-nonsense very practical 1 day workshop and is aimed at those who already have horticultural knowledge and understanding of gardening terms although there will be some discussion on the basics of growing but feel ready to take their hobby to the next level.
All aspects of flower farming will be covered in sections, successional growing and what varieties to grow, finding your market, pricing, sustainable practices, how to sell your product, infrastructure and equipment you will need and what you don’t, business knowledge and admin, accessing business support.
We will spend time in my second plot (the bigger plot) discussing my growing practices and planting.
You will leave at the end of the day inspired to take your hobby to the next level armed with real down to earth practical advice and hands on knowledge from a full time hands on flower farmer.
Previous course attendees have gone on to start their own cut foliage farm, a cic working with mental health and homeless issues in York, productive flower farm in Cumbria and productive flower farm in Aberdeen, plus many more!