Dark Sky Observatory Team
Astronomer Profile - Roy Alexander
I'm a degree qualified planetary physicist and teacher who is passionate about teaching astronomy, physics and science. For me astronomy is about showing someone something new and awesome in a telescope and seeing their reaction.
- A qualified science teacher with experience in secondary schools and colleges since 1995.
- An amateur astronomer since 2010 - particularly love meteor showers and satellite spotting.
- Was a volunteer and lead astronomer at Kielder Observatory in 2013
- Member of Sunderland Astronomical Society.
- Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society 2014,
- PGCE 1995, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne,
- BSc (Hons) Geophysics & Planetary Physics, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne,
- Current DBS to work with children and adults.